How to whiten your teeth with apple cider vinegar
The best and safest ways to whiten teeth
As you know, white and clean teeth greatly make a person’s face look beautiful. Over time, the teeth may become tartar and discolored for various reasons, including not brushing. These plaques cannot be removed by simple brushing, fortunately, apple cider vinegar can do this job.
One natural substance that is very useful for teeth whitening is apple cider vinegar, so many chemical bleaches can replace this natural substance.
With apple vinegar, you can remove any stain and remove dental plaque well. Apple cider vinegar contains compounds such as acetic acid, potassium, magnesium, probiotics, and enzymes that destroy microbes (harmful and dangerous bacteria) and germs and simultaneously accelerate the growth of beneficial bacteria, i.e. probiotics. Since apple cider vinegar is naturally acidic, it breaks down plaque or other materials stuck to the teeth. The pH of apple cider vinegar removes tooth stains and whitens them.
The secret to the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar for teeth whitening is to use it continuously; in this way, you must use it continuously for a month to see its effect, But at the same time, be careful not to use it too much because apple cider vinegar is acidic and if you use it too much, it will damage the tooth enamel.
How to scale teeth with apple cider vinegar?
The first method: To scale your teeth with apple cider vinegar, mix 1- a spoonful of water with half a spoonful of apple cider vinegar. Brush your teeth as usual. Do the mentioned steps for 15 days before going to bed. Stop doing this for 15 days and start again because if the tooth scaling with apple cider vinegar is done excessively, it may damage the gums and tooth enamel.
How to whiten your teeth with apple cider vinegar?
The second method: Another method for tooth scaling is using apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Baking soda increases the effect of apple cider vinegar, and you will get results faster. First, mix half a baking soda with half a spoonful of apple cider vinegar. Then start brushing according to the previous method.
Third method: Rinse your mouth with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for two minutes. After that, dip your toothbrush in apple cider vinegar and brush to help remove stains, then rinse and brush your teeth with baking soda and toothpaste until all the apple cider vinegar is removed.
Fourth method: Rub apple cider vinegar on your teeth with your finger for about a minute, then rinse your mouth with water or hydrogen peroxide mouthwash. After using apple cider vinegar, you should brush your teeth again with regular toothpaste and rinse your mouth well. It is better to use toothpaste without fluoride.
Many kinds of toothpaste in the market that have a whitening effect use baking soda and apple cider vinegar in their ingredients to have scaling and whitening properties. Scaling of teeth can be done well with these methods.
Benefits of apple cider
In addition to scaling, apple cider vinegar has countless other properties in the field of dentistry, which we will mention below:
- Treatment of various gum infections: Rinse your mouth with apple cider vinegar. Keep the apple cider vinegar in your mouth for two to three minutes, then brush your mouth. Do this two to three times a week.
- Reducing toothache: Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and place it on your tooth to see its healing and pain-relieving effect. After a few minutes, rinse your mouth thoroughly.
- Stop bad breath: If you can’t get rid of bad breath even by brushing your teeth and mouthwash, try apple cider vinegar. To do this, dissolve a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in water and drink it. You can also rinse your mouth with apple cider vinegar to neutralize the bacteria that cause bad breath.
Reasons for yellowing teeth
Yellowing of teeth can have different reasons. The most important reasons for yellowing teeth are:
- Lack of oral hygiene
- Genetic factors
- Thinning of tooth enamel due to aging
- Dry mouth (lack of saliva means poor protection of tooth enamel).
- Drinking tea or coffee
- Antibiotic use
- Improper nutrition includes excessive consumption of processed foods with a high acid content, such as some types of drinks, chocolate, or sometimes some fruits.
- Even some supplements aggravate the thinning of tooth enamel due to their acid content.
- Excessive consumption of fluoride, especially if this habit started in childhood.
- Breathing through the mouth and closing the nasal airways reduces saliva and does not allow the mouth and teeth to remain moist.
Other methods of scaling teeth
Olive oil can dissolve fatty acids and can be used to remove dental plaque. Olive oil can remove platelets and plaques on the teeth and whiten their teeth. You can do dental scaling well at home without any cost.
Baking soda paste and hydrogen peroxide
First, make a thin paste by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide in a small container. Use a soft toothbrush to rub the paste on the teeth. Brush gently for 2 minutes, then rinse your mouth and brush regularly with toothpaste.
Lemon juice and baking soda paste
Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with baking soda to make a thin paste, brush your teeth gently with a soft toothbrush for 2 minutes, rinse with water, and then brush regularly with toothpaste until the lemon juice is gone.
Lime or orange peel
Like apple cider vinegar, the peel of citrus fruits such as lime, orange, or lime extract, which contains useful acids, is also effective in whitening teeth. These citrus fruits are generally very nutritious, but if consumed excessively, their high acidity may damage the tooth enamel. After using lemon or orange peel on your teeth, rinse your mouth well to avoid side effects. For best results, use hydrogen peroxide mouthwash.
Comment below How often should you whiten your teeth?